What is Greyscale Goods?
Greyscale Goods is the first personal shopping service to blend expert styling with a gender-neutral approach to deliver a shopping experience that is sensitive to the styling needs of those whose style is not as simply defined as masculine or feminine. By shopping for customers on an individual basis, the Greyscale experience becomes truly unique for each customer.
IS THIS A SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE?
No, we send one box per order. If you wish to receive boxes on a regular basis, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can try to accommodate regular shipments.
How does THE BOX work?
1. Fill out your Style Profile: Begin by creating your style profile. This helps us understand your size, style, shape, budget and lifestyle. Completing your profile should only take about 5 minutes. You will receive a confirmation email inviting you to send us a picture of yourself. The more information we have about you, the better we can match your style!
2. Choose the box that matches your typical clothing budget: By selecting your "shade of grey", you are giving us an idea of what you usually spend on clothing when you go shopping so that we know what level of quality you expect to find in your clothing. This does not guarantee that all prices are within these parameters. At Greyscale Goods, we believe in supporting manufacturers who deliver well-made goods that we can be proud to share with you. We may occasionally decide to send you items for your consideration that are above your typical budget, but we aim to respect your overall budget and want you to find items that truly fit your lifestyle.
3. Request your Box of Goods: We’ll send you a selection of 3 to 5 clothing items and accessories handpicked by your personal stylist on the date you choose. The first time you request a box, you will be charged a $48 styling fee, but shipping is always included both ways!
4. Your home is your fitting room: Never endure the discomfort of gendered fitting rooms again. The Greyscale team understands how intimidating and humiliating shopping experiences can be and our absolute greatest concern is for you to feel comfortable being yourself. So get excited to try on your new goods!
5. Keep what you like and return the rest: We give you 3 days from your tracked delivery to decide what you’ll purchase and what you’d like to send back. Let us know ahead of time which items you will be keeping and which items we can expect to receive back. Simply return the items you don't want in our prepaid mailing bag and drop it at any USPS mailbox. Greyscale clients enjoy free shipping both ways on every Box of Goods! If you decide to purchase the whole box, we will credit your styling fee toward your purchase.
6. Tell us what you think! We want to hear your feedback on each of the items you receive. Your personal stylist is able to send you better selections when we know what did and didn’t work for you, and why. Was it the fit? Too short/too long? The color? The fabric? Every bit of information helps us improve your next box.
7. Order your next box: Visit the "Order a Box" page when you are ready to receive your next Box of Goods. Your feedback will help us determine the perfect items to send!
8. Refer your friends: You will receive a code with your first Box of Goods that you can share with your friends. Each time a new customer uses your code to sign up, your next styling fee is only $15!
How much does it cost?
Greyscale Goods does not require a membership fee or a monthly subscription. The only fee you pay is a styling fee of $48 when you order a box. You will only be charged for clothing/accessory items that you choose to keep after the 3 days that we allow for trying on at home. When you fill out the Style Profile, you tell us how much you typically spend on clothing and we do our best to pick items that reflect those preferences.
What if I want to receive regular shipments?
We are working on a subscription service for the future, but at this time we cannot guarantee regular shipments. We will be opening a short waitlist on March 1, 2016 to a limited amount of customers who will be able to receive boxes at scheduled intervals. For more information about getting on this list, email email@example.com and we will try our best to accommodate your request.
What KINDS OF ITEMS CAN I expect TO RECEIVE?
Your personal stylist will send you items that we believe fit your style based on your answers to the Style Profile. A typical box will contain 3 to 5 clothing items and accessories. Your box could contain a t-shirt, button-down shirt, sweater and jeans, for example. Or if you are looking for any items in particular, like the perfect button-down, then you may receive 5 different styles of shirt so that you can decide which one fits the best!
Why do I have to try everything on?
Part of the fun of receiving a box from Greyscale Goods is being exposed to brands or styles that you may not think would have worked if you saw it in a store. Our expert stylists have hand-selected these items for you based on years of experience of opening clients' eyes to new ideas about style, so make sure to try everything on! Sometimes everything in the box will be perfect and sometimes nothing will work, but your feedback only improves the matching process for selecting your next Box of Goods. We sincerely hope that this process will expand your ideas about style and help you take your look to the next level!
How do I know what my body shape is?
Our stylists made a handy guide to help you determine your general body shape. Everyone has a very unique body shape, so keep in mind that these are very generalized and are only used as one of many reference points by our stylists to get an idea of what will fit you best.
I have a Specific style question, can you help?
Send us your style questions to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to include it in our next Q & A blog post!
When will my credit card be charged?
Each time you choose to order a shipment, a $48 styling fee will be charged. If you have a coupon code for waiving this fee (like if you supported our Kickstarter campaign) make sure to enter it at checkout! You have 3 days to decide which items you want to keep and which items you don't. Make sure to put the return package in the mail within the 3 days to avoid being charged for items that you want to return! It's so easy and shipping is always free for the Box of Goods!
Can I request specific pieces?
If you are looking for specific items, whether it be a new favorite pair of jeans or an outfit for an upcoming event, please let us know! Your stylist will do their best to accommodate your request.
I have to attend a wedding and I have no idea what to wear. can my greyscale stylist help with this?
This is actually our most frequently asked question! At Greyscale Goods, we understand that special events like weddings or black tie can be especially difficult to find the right outfit for and we are excited to alleviate some of that stress. Make sure to reach out to your stylist as far in advance as possible because with special event attire it can sometimes take a few extra tries to get the outfit just right. In the special notes section at checkout, just make sure to tell us what you are looking for!
How does shipping work?
Customers enjoy free shipping both ways for the Box of Goods as a benefit of using our service. We use both FedEx and USPS to ship packages to you but don’t worry — you won’t need to sign for your package either way. We will include a prepaid envelope for any items you wish to return which can easily be dropped off at any USPS pickup location. If you have a special request for how it is shipped (maybe you prefer to sign for your box or you are in love with your UPS delivery person) let us know and we are happy to accommodate.
IS shipping free for greyscale merchandise?
If you spend $200 or more on our Greyscale Goods branded merchandise, you will receive free shipping. For orders under $200, we ship via USPS first class mail and shipping charges will be reflected in your order total.
do you ship internationally?
During this Beta testing phase we are unable to ship the Box of Goods internationally. We are eager to implement some shipping partners in the future so that our international customers can enjoy our goods!
For styles in the Greyscale Goods merch store, we can make arrangements to ship internationally. Just email us at email@example.com
WHY DO YOU NEED MY PHONE NUMBER?
We sometimes ship the Box of Goods via FedEx, who require a phone number for shipments. All of the information that you provide to us is secure and confidential. We do not sell your information to third parties.
Why can't you ship my box of goods to a p.o. box?
When we ship the Box of Goods via FedEx, they do not allow deliveries to P.O. boxes. If you prefer to have your Box of Goods shipped via USPS to a P.O. Box please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to accommodate your request.
I received a shipment confirmation but it has been a few days and I have not received a delivery or delivery attempt notice?
When you receive your shipment confirmation email it contains the tracking number for your package. If you are not home at the time of delivery, your USPS delivery person will leave a notice. Sometimes these blow away! All you have to do to retrieve your box in this case is bring your ID and the tracking number from the email to your local Post Office and you can pick it up. (You also have the option to schedule a redelivery on that notice slip!)
I missed my box delivery and it was returned to sender, now what?
If you are not home when your box is delivered, the USPS will leave a notice. After approximately 15 days of not retrieving your package from the post office, USPS will return your package back to us. This doesn't mean that you will need to place a new order to receive your box, but we will need to charge you for shipping it out again.
Returns & Exchanges
How do returns work?
A return envelope with a prepaid shipping label is included in each package. Returns may be dropped off in any blue USPS drop box or post office.
How long do I have to send back the items I don’t want to keep?
Returns are due back in the mail 3 days after you receive the package (for example, if your shipment arrives on Friday, we ask that you drop your returns in the mail by Monday.) If the 3rd day falls on a Sunday or holiday, please drop your return envelope in the mail by 12N on the following business day. Please let us know if you don’t get your package on time by emailing email@example.com and we will make an exception on your return date. If your return has not been postmarked within 4 days of receipt, we will assume you are keeping all of your items and charge your credit card for the entire shipment. We can't accept additional returns after your initial return is sent so please make sure you try everything on before you drop your package in the mail!
If you miss the return window and still decide to return something, any late returns are subject to a late return fee and a 20% restock fee, and are only eligible for merchandise credit.
Can I get another size or do an exchange?
When sending you a Box of Goods, we work hard to get your size right using the information we have about your body type and size. Everything we send you has been picked out especially for you, which means that while we can get you unique and interesting pieces, sometimes size exchanges are unavailable. If you absolutely love an item, but need a different size, email us right away at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try our best to find that item in a different size.
For Greyscale Goods branded merchandise, please check availability of your desired size before requesting an exchange. We have limited quantities of our merch so we recommend ordering your new size right away and sending back the original for a refund. For more information on our Return Policy, please visit our Returns and Exchanges page.
Greyscale Goods is currently in Beta Testing phase. You may experience some occasional errors while using this site which we apologize for in advance. We are working hard to expunge glitches and create a seamless shopping experience for our customers! If you run into an error, please try refreshing your browser. If you continue to experience the same error, we would appreciate a shout out at email@example.com so that we can look into it. Thank you for your patience during this first phase!
Interested in contributing to Greyscale Goods' next level?
Greyscale Goods is currently taking applications for stylists, social media managers, web and tech savvy individuals, and models. If you want to be a part of this revolutionary team, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are currently seeking investors as well. If you are interested in being an investor, please email email@example.com to request our investor deck and press pack. We are looking for visionary partners to help Greyscale Goods step up to the next level and would be happy to share our vision with any accredited investors who feel called to be a part of the team.